My Top Ten Emerging Influential Blogs For 2009
As I said in an earlier post, I am glad I am a teacher in this generation because technology is at my beck and call. I’ve seen the transition from simple PowerPoint presentations for class, both as a student and a teacher, to those with flash media and the like. It’s true: the World Wide Web, especially the blogosphere and social networks.
I am taking this opportunity to highlight the influential power of the internet. It is a highly evolving and powerful teaching tool! A big thanks goes out to Ms. Janette Toral for working on this Emerging Influential Blogs Project for the 3rd year now, especially since this gives me a venue to share my thoughts about this ever changing environment. Before getting to my list, I want to also thank all those who have nominated THE ACCIDENTAL TEACHER in their own personal lists! This truly encourages me to keep on working hard to improve this site. With that said, here is my own list of blogs that I feel can be an emerging influential blog for 2009. I may, before the deadline, make changes here, so please don’t hold that against me!
1. Let’s Go Sago. Who doesn’t know Sago right? But more than the entertaining blog, I deeply respect and admire the man behind the blog. What I like best about his blog is that he is giving me a new-found interest in the great places to go in our country, from tourist spots to restos. Plus I love joining his contests too!
2. Project Fit. I have to say Chats’ fitness blog has been one of the most influential to me…so much so that I have started attempting to chronicle my own journey towards wellness. I suppose that is the epitome of influential, right?
3. Gain Smiles. Find a Hundred and Plus Reasons to Smile. A friend of mine started this project with a simple goal: to help people find reasons to smile. Reading the posts here will definitely make you want to smile too!
4. Style and Relax. I enjoy reading this blog because Lace always has fresh new ideas to offer her readers. I was even so enthralled by her niche I attempted to start a fashion blog for the plus sized person, but decided to leave the advice to the experts instead!
5. OFW Para Sa Pamilya. Given the OFW phenomenon that has truly changed the face of the Filipino Family, I see this blog as a common ground for all those who have made enormous sacrifices for their families by working abroad. The site not only features lives of OFW’s but also offers online support and resources for OFW’s.
Oops…apparently this didn’t make the date cut-off! In a small way, I’m glad because I came across a nice photoblog that is quite thought-provoking and inspirational. Dear Iago is a collection of love notes a mother writes to her little boy. Even though I am not Iago, I am taking some of the lessons Nobe gives her son and taking it with me.
6. Filipino Mom Blog. Parenting is by far the most underestimated and underpaid jobs ever on earth…I have to give kudos to these wonderful moms who not only make an effort to be the best moms they can be to their own kids but they also share their experiences and ideas to other moms so they too can be better at their jobs.
7. Framed in Sunlight. Photo blogs often capture (no pun intended) my attention. However, what I love about this photoblog is that aside from great photos and write ups, it always ends with a lesson in positivity. Of course, Teacher likes this!
8. Pinay Ads. For me, Pinay Ads is more than just info about the up and coming events and happenings in the metro. I also get to see a lot of tips and information about what to do and how to go about doing things around the city.
9. Patay Gutom. Much as I was iffy about this site because of the name (yes, for a plus sized person like me any not-so-nice term pertaining to food and eating can be a bit uncomfortable!) I’ve seen it’s influential power. Who hasn’t right? What I like best about the blog is it’s collaborative style of posting, thus allowing me to see different points of views from their authors.
10. Of course….The Accidental Teacher. This is my attempt to be influential! Seriously, though, I honestly started this blog with the fervent hope of using my love for writing and fascination with blogging to bring awareness to causes and advocacies I believe in, as well as to help teachers and homeschooling parents through sharing my personal experiences.
This project was made possible by the following sponsors: Absolute Traders, My Brute Cheats, Business Summaries, Fitness Advantage Club, Events and Corporate Video, Events at Work, Dominguez Marketing Communications, Red Mobile, Budget hotel in Makati, Lucio C. Tan Group of Companies, and Blog4Reviews.com.
For more details on the writing project, click here.
If you found this post interesting, informative and educational, feel free to take home my notes by subscribing here.