Teaching little kids the magic words “please” and “thank you” isn’t always very difficult. By simply demonstrating it consistently at every occasion helps them incorporate these words in their vocabulary. However, making them remember the value of gratitude and what these words really mean is another story, especially as they get older. At times, it seems, saying thank you can become almost mechanical and automatic, but not really heartfelt. What’s even more sad is that as people get older, we take so many things for granted — including showing our gratitude.
I surely have had a lot to be grateful for this past year. Perhaps, like many of us, I have taken it for granted. So I am taking this opportunity to thank my BLOGGER FRIENDS for changing my life in so many ways. While many of you may not believe it, I am a painfully shy person (YES I AM!!!). However, being given the opportunity to know you guys and hang out in events , I have learned not only how to get along with others, but to also work towards being a better person as a whole.
There are still a whole lot of other blogger friends whom I have no pictures with, so please do know my heartfelt gratitude goes out to you guys too!
As we celebrate the 3rd National Thank You Day on October 20, 2009 sponsored by the internationally renowned Swiss chocolate Toblerone, let us make a sincere effort in making the words “thank you” more than just words we say out loud.
With that, I’d like to invite you all to join me in spreading the Sweetness of Gratitude by not just saying thank you, but by coming up with a creative photo expressing your gratitude and joining the Toblerone Spread the Sweetness of Gratitude Photo Competition.
Contest Mechanics are as follows:
Who: any one in the Greater Manila Area can join the photo contest.
What: Spread the Sweetness of Gratitude Photo Contest. Take this chance to get creative and thank the people who definitely deserve it!
When: the contest runs from 2pm of today, September 7, 2009 until 5pm of October 16.
Why: other than to express our gratitude, you can also have the chance to win a Toblerone Gift pack! More details on the prizes below.
1. Take a creative photo expressing you gratitude or thanks. The photo must be your original work and you must have permission to release the photo. If minors are included in the photo, please make sure you have permission from the minor’s parent or guardian.
2. One entry per participant only.
3. Post your entry in your own website (blogs and social networking sites such as Multiply, Friendster, Facebook, etc. are welcome) and link this to the gallery found in www.thankyoudayphilippines.com.
4. Post your link in the comments section here in my blog so it qualifies as an entry in my blog. Please include a valid email address so I can notify you if you are in my short list.
5. On October 16, I will choose 5 finalists from the valid entries here in my blog which will be submitted to GeiserMaclang Marketing Communications, Inc. From all the shortlisted entries submitted by various bloggers, 3 winners will be selected by a panel composed of employees of the Sponsor and its PR Agency, GMCI. The 5 selected finalists from my blog will receive a thank you kit.
6. Awarding of the Top 3 entries will be on October 20, 2009 during the National Thank You Day Awards. Winners will receive a Toblerone Gift Pack.
For more details and other mechanics go to www.thankyoudayphilippines.com.
So come on…let’s all teach the world the sweetness of gratitude!
UPDATE: Deadline for submissions extended to NOVEMBER 10 at 5pm. More time for you to think about what you are grateful for!!!Read More